Pets at Poltarrow
We are only too pleased to allow your dog to accompany you in certain cottages, outside of Whitsun and Summer School Holidays.
The cottages that we allow a dog in are Deerpark, Fallow, Red Deer, Stag and Roebuck. All pets must be booked in and paid for (£30 per dog, per week or part week/per cottage entered). Maximum of 1 dog per property unless arranged with us at the time of booking.
You are welcome to exercise your dogs in any fields that do not contain livestock. Our land extends to approximately one field width around the site (see site plan).
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times whilst on the property. All dogs must be kept on leads. Please do not enter any field where livestock are present.
- We would be grateful if you could always clean up after your dog and get rid of any dog mess responsibly.
- Please wash and dry pets’ feet before entering the cottage. There is a hose for your use outside the Tumble Room.
- Please do not allow your dogs on the sofa, chairs or beds and make sure they use their own bed/basket. Remove all fur and hair thoroughly before departing – failure to do this could result in a £50 extra cleaning charge.
- Please do not allow your dog in the bedrooms.
- Do not wash/dry your dog’s bedding etc. in the washing machine as some guests are allergic to pet hairs.
- When going out please do not leave your dog in the property unattended.
In each of our cottages you’ll find a copy of The Dog Friendly Guide to Cornwall which has details of attractions, beaches, walks and more for you and your canine companion. You will also find a Dog Box which contains dog bowls , dog lead, poo bags and extensive dog friendly information.